Thursday 28 October 2010

Confessions of a hair dye addict....

I think I have a problem.  It's not a big one.  In fact when compared to all the starving children across the globe, and the cholera in Haiti and the Indonesian crisis that is ongoing, it is positively ridiculous.  However, just as soon as I get into 10 Downing Street, I will make it up to them.  For now I am a struggling student with a problem.

Hair dye.  It's a serious issue at the moment.  I can't stop dying my hair.  It's not even like it's to strange and exciting colours.  No, this is even worse.  I dyed it red about 3 years ago.  Then I dyed it black to cover the red.  Then I carried on with the dark hair dye.  Then got bored and tried to go red.  Did I never learn at school?  Light does not conquer dark in terms of colour.  Maybe in terms of religion and physics but not in hair dye.  I then had black hair with red roots.  Funky yes.  Sustainable?  No.  In came the hair stripper to the horror of all around me.  My friends, well used to my hair disasters often enjoy the experience and make it a get together.  There have even been emergency midnight visits to the supermarket to purchase dye to cover up mistakes....  My hair came out orange.  Hayley Williams orange.  No fear, it looked funky.

Said funky hair grew dark brown roots - pin pricks, granted, but that meant I had to do something about it.  So in came the brown hair dye, back to the natural colour.  Except this came out black.  And faded.  Then came in the lighter roots.  Bored?  I was.  So I carried on with the roots until Mr Darcy commented (being so tall....)  so out came the dye again.  This time it came out a plum colour.  Beautiful but still not quite right.  Out came the colour remover (posher than stripper)  My hair then had its debut as its natural colour and what a gorgeous carmel brown it was.  For a week.  I now have bleached it as it appeared to go darker by itself (the colour remover lied) and so I put on stripper to even it all out.  I only meant to lighten it a tiny bit to even everything out to get back to au natural.  Except now I've seen this brilliantly gorgeous red colour and I want it.....

RIP hair.  You're bound to fall out and solve the problem of colour and roots and uneven-ness.

I sit typing this with extreme intensive conditioner on, whilst eyeing up the red hair dye.  Once it's red, I'll leave it...  Until the roots show....

I wonder if there's a Hair Dye Anonymous....

1 comment:

  1. Wait until it starts turning gray, you're in for a party then. ;)

    ReplyDelete